Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day - Dog Park Visit

Hello again…just a continuation of Adoni’s adventures:

Last Sunday I brought my mom up to Raleigh to spend time with her on Mother’s Day. We ended up having a day with the dogs. Lunch at Boylan Bridge with pulled pork hoagies and sweet potato fries and both of our lil boys. Well…not literally little. Adoni – my dog is 85 pounds (38.5 kg) and Andy – her black lab mix is around 60 pounds (a little over 29 kg).
Meet Andy
Typical Adoni - water attracted
The Pit friend (she is 6 months old)

The Black Lab Puppy

Two Pals



I picked her up around 10:00am and headed to Raleigh for food, fun and adventure. Our first stop was the dog park, which is always a blast for my dog. He patrolled and played for 2 hours as usual, occasionally checking on Andy to make sure he was still there. They both even met a few friends (a black lab puppy and a pit)…that figures because that’s what they are mixed with. We eventually left for food and then headed to a place called Unleashed on Lake Boone Trail.


This is one of my favorite stores for Adoni. It has all natural treats and chews – a good alternative for rawhide. Adoni CONSTANTLY wants something to chew, which is fine---better than the furniture—so I figured something that won’t cause an intestinal blockage is always the better option. Don’t get me wrong…ducks feet, salmon skin rolls, elk antlers, bully sticks, and tracheas aren’t exactly appetizing to watch him chew on….BUT they are so much better for him. After all, if he was in the wild…that’s exactly what he would be eating. Enough on the store, because I’m sure you will hear more about it eventually.

At the end of the day, everyone was give out…



-Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment